Friday, April 30, 2010

I Stifle Those Shivers

I do so enjoy watching you grow up. I hope you feel the same about me.
Earlier this week the Theatre Department put up a Dinner Theatre and I'd like to think you would have been proud of me. I had an extravagant part as a morose Cockney British woman by the name of Evelyn. I blather on about 'offing meself' and in the last act I die by way of poison coffee. I got many congratulations for my performance and it slightly reminded me of Babes in the Woods however many years ago when we went swimming and ate all those swollamshram and read some awful poetry. That's what I meant about watching you grow up- it's just about viewing the expansion of your vocabulary (ooohhh big words) and your perception gradually widening.
The long and short of it is that I'm sad we went cold turkey. I love those little turns of phrase.
I started drinking again. Woo. Sorry baby, it's too much fun.
First rave of the season is this weekend- In Bloom. I'm just going to go and dance my heart out and make new friends like always, maybe this summer I'll have you with me.

Less than three, The Frenchy Fry.

No comments:

Post a Comment